Uploading a video on Facebook and sharing it with your close friends to see is one of the best ways to commemorate an important event.
However, not all of us are pretty familiar with the ins and outs of social media or are just starting to explore this online channel. Hence, we want to share some tips on posting a video on Facebook and sharing your Post with your audience.
Most Facebook users like to upload a single video directly on their Timeline since it’s easier to do. Aside from posting one video, you also have the option to upload multiple videos and compile them into one Album.
There are three ways you can upload a video to Facebook based on the platform you are using, namely:
It’s also important to note that Facebook places limitations on the size of the video you can upload. Your videos must be:
If you are using a browser on your PC or laptop, here are the steps for you to post a video on your Facebook account:
1. On your Facebook homepage, click on the What’s on Your Mind section. You can see multiple actions in the Add to Your Post part at the bottom of the new Window.
2. Click the Photo/Video icon. A new window will pop out, which allows you to choose the video you want to upload. Choose the video you want to post and then click Open to upload it. From here, you will see a blue progress bar that indicates how much of the video is uploaded so far.
3. After the upload is complete, you can add a description and choose who will be able to see it, whether it be the Public, Your Friends, or just only yourself (Only Me).
4. Once you finished editing, click Post, and your video will now be on your Timeline.
Note that it might take several minutes before the video is uploaded entirely, depending on its file size. Generally, more extensive videos tend to have longer uploading times. Other factors, such as the uploading speed of your Internet connection, can also affect how much time it would take before the file is uploaded.
If you are using a Smartphone, you can upload a video to your Facebook account using your phone’s browser. The process is almost similar to how you upload it from your desktop. Here is how:
1. Tap the web browser icon on your Smartphone’s home screen before logging into your Facebook account (if it isn’t logged in yet).
2. Next, tap on the What’s on Your Mind section. You will then get a set of options below the Create Post page.
3. Tap the Video button and try to locate the file you want to upload. Select the video file you want to upload and tap Open. Please wait for the file until it is uploaded before editing. Then work on the Post details, such as who can see it, the text that goes along with it, your location, and more.
4. Once you are done with the edits, tap Post, and it will immediately be added to your Timeline.
Another way you can upload the video is through a Facebook Mobile App. The steps involved are almost similar to that of the desktop and mobile phone browser. Here’s what you should do.
1. On your phone’s home screen, tap the Facebook Mobile App.
2. Next, tap on the What’s on Your Mind section, after which a new page called Create Post will open up.
3. Then, tap the Video button and try to locate where the video file is stored. Choose the file and then tap Open. Wait for the video to finish uploading.
4. Once the upload is done, you can now edit the Post by adding a description or other elements if you like. Finally, tap Post, and the video will immediately be added to your Timeline.
You can also use a shortcut, which produces the same result as the methods we discussed above. Here is what you should do:
1. Below the What’s on Your Mind section are three icons or options: Live Video, Photo/ Video, and Feeling/ Activity. Click or tap the Photo/Video section.
2. From there, choose the video file you wanted to upload. The succeeding steps are also similar to the ones above, where you can edit the Post after the file has finished uploading.
3. Finally, you only need to click or tap Post to add to your Timeline.
If you want to post multiple videos or photos into one Album, here is how you can do it:
1. On your Facebook homepage, click your profile picture located in the top right of the page.
2. Click or tap Photos which is just below your Cover Photo and Profile Name.
3. Then, click or tap albums before choosing the Album where you’d like to add the video.
4. If you want to compile a new Album for the video, click or tap the Create Album button.
5. Next, choose the video you want to add to the Album, then click or tap Open. Wait a few minutes until the uploading progress is finished.
6. Finally, click or tap Post.
If your video won’t upload or Facebook sends notifications about its issues, you can refer back to your video’s details. Make sure that it is within the parameters discussed above and is in the correct format.
Moreover, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection. You also need to be patient when uploading large video files that take longer to upload.
Finally, only post videos that follow the guidelines of Facebook. Please don’t post anything indecent, inappropriate, or abusive as Facebook can take it down since it violates their rules.